Monday, January 05, 2004

US Nationals 10k

One of my favourite races, the 10km classic. I had a good start number 7, meaning the track shouldn't be too demolished on my first lap. I almost crashed on the first big downhill, it was much more chopped up than I expected. I seemed to be climbing fairly well, although Vincent seemed to be coming up from 30 seconds back. I lapped just behind #34, then he dissappeared and Ivan #35 caught me and lost me over the top and down the first big downhill. Near the end of the lap I was caught by #36 David Chamberlain, who I followed up High School Hill, and stayed within a few meters of until the stadium. A decent result, 42nd, it is so tight that every little mistake costs you a place. Skis may have been a bit slow due to klister layer being too thick for the skis.

No comments: